Monday, November 4, 2013

Little Guys of Korea

They've got them all over the place on this side of the planet....
I think this is the Korean power company's mascot, he shows up on all of the street level transformers.

Dunno, maybe it's just me, but this sort of diminishes the badassitude of the ROK-hard soldiers at the DMZ when you make a Little Guy statue out of them.  And I don't mean to jest about their soldiers - the real live human ones at Panmunjon  appear to be about as hard as you can make a human.  After some attacks by the DPRK guards, the ROK upped the martial arts proficiency and fitness  requirements for all guards with that duty.


Don't get your tentacles caught...cause if you did, someone is likely to dip them in sauce and eat them.  I know I did.

Don't be a boozy crab?

This thing is about 10 feet tall, and there's one located every few hundred yards along the beach in Haeundae.  I couldn't help but think of the character from the 'Doonesbury' cartoon, "Mr Butts", I think is his name, sort of different message than the character, but similar look.
Not a Little Guy as such, but I just loved this sign... I should have asked one of Julia's Korean co workers
if this actually says 'Don't hit this wall' or just 'caution' or whatever.  Either way, it's an important message for anyone unclear on general concepts of physics.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I was totally looking forward to phasing my matter through this wall. This bike ride is ruined.

    ReplyDelete