Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How we roll 'round here....

....ok, well, that's not actually true at all.  I don't roll like this, and I haven't seen a single person roll like this here.  Honest Mom, I'm much safer out dodging scooters than jumping off buildings on my bike - the building thing would end very badly for me.  We so don't roll like this here that they had to bring this guy all the way from Scotland.  His name is Danny MacAskill, and the things he makes look easy are so incredibly hard.

I share this with you since it was all shot here in Taichung, and  this video gives you a little flavor of the city.  A number of the locations for the video are new to me - after seeing this I want to hunt them down and check them out.  The neighborhood where Julia and I live makes a fleeting appearance, but it's not worth trying to hone in on it as it's really just a split second view of a nearby building.  But this does give you a glimpse of the road scene and some cool parks and other vistas around Taichung, all with a healthy dose of unbelievable bike skills.

2 comments:

  1. Tom, McGaskill (sp?) reminds me of the person we saw at the velodrome in Portland a *few* years ago. Could it be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nelse! Similar tricks, but to my knowledge, not likely the same guy as the one we saw in Portland.

    ReplyDelete